Happy Thanksgiving! One of the things I’ve heard a lot in content marketing is that no piece of content exists by itself, much like a Thanksgiving turkey. Sure, you have the tasty white paper (meal), but then, what do you do with it? If you’re stuck with leftover turkey, you make sandwiches, tetrazzini, pot pie, soup…
But with a white paper or other piece of premium content, it may not seem that simple. So here are 7 things you can do with your leftover white paper material to get the most out of your content (cranberry sauce not included):
- Carve it up into blog posts. A good white paper can easily yield five shorter blog posts with a call to action that leads readers to the email capture landing page.
- Use it for Twitter fodder. If you’re publishing on social media, grab the best tidbits from your white paper and use them as the basis for Tweets or Facebook posts that link directly to the email capture form.
- Create infographics. Any good white paper worth the money you spent on it will have statistics of some sort. Use those for an infographic.
- Use information from it in press releases. You can even publish a press release when your white paper goes live on your site.
- Turn it into a SlideShare presentation.
- Use it as the basis for a webinar.
- Carve up the product-specific information into data sheets for the sales team.
There are plenty of other things you can do with leftover white paper material. These are just 7 ideas to get you started.
Now, go enjoy your Thanksgiving turkey if you live in the U.S., and have an extra slice of pumpkin pie.